You are here:

What drone laws should I be aware of when flying in other countries?

Each country regulates their airspace differently.

In the U.S., we have the Federal Aviation Administration. In Canada, it’s Transport Canada that manages rules for sUAS pilots. In the UK, it’s the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), and in Australia its AirServices Australia.

While some countries do not have drone laws, many of them do! And as far as we know, there’s no reciprocity, meaning your FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate would likely only work in the U.S., not in another country.

Here’s a directory our team manages of international drone laws with some more information:


Was this article helpful?
Dislike 2